Learn how to Participate in the 2013 PQRS-Medicare EHR Incentive Pilot
10 Steps to Guide You Through Participation
CMS has released a new fact sheet on how to participate in the 2013 Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) Medicare Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Pilot Program. The PQRS-Medicare EHR Incentive Pilot Program allows eligible professionals to meet the clinical quality measure (CQM) reporting requirements for the Medicare EHR Incentive Program while also reporting for thePQRS program by submitting their CQM data electronically.
PQRS - Medicare EHR Incentive Pilot Participation
Eligible professionals who wish to participate in the electronic reporting pilot must submit 12 months of CQM data. Participants must submit the data between January 1, 2014 and February 28, 2014. Below are steps to guide you through participation in the pilot.
- Determine eligibility for participation in PQRS and the EHR Incentive Programs
- Indicate intent to participate in the pilot program through the EHR Incentive Program Attestation Module
- Determine which clinical quality measures apply
- Verify your EHR/data submission vendor is PQRS-qualified and your EHR is certified
- If you are not using a data submission vendor, register for an IACS account(for direct EHR submission only)
- Document patient information in EHR system
- Generate required reporting files
- Test data submission
- Submit quality data by February 28, 2014 either
- By data submission vendor, OR
- Directly through your EHR
- Complete EHR Incentive Program attestation by February 28, 2014
If you signed up for the electronic reporting pilot, but are unable to continue or determine that you no longer wish to participate, you may opt-out and complete your attestation through the EHR Incentive Program Attestation System. If you have questions please contact the QualityNet Help Desk:
By e-mail at [email protected]
If you complete the pilot, successfully attesting to meaningful use and submitting your PQRS data properly, you should receive a payment for your 2013 participation in both PQRS and the Medicare EHR Incentive Program. Payment will not be received prior to 2014, as you must submit 12 months of CQM data (January 1, 2013 - December 31, 2013).