Hardship Exception Applications to Avoid the 2015 Medicare Payment Adjustment Due November 30, 2014
CMS reopened the submission period for hardship exception applications for eligible professionals and eligible hospitals to avoid the 2015 Medicare payment adjustments for not demonstrating meaningful use of Certified Electronic Health Record Technology (CEHRT). The deadline is 11:59 PM EST November 30, 2014.
Eligible professionals and eligible hospitals that have never met meaningful use before may apply during this reopened hardship exception application submission period if they meet both of the following:
- The provider was unable to attest by July 1, 2014 (for eligible hospitals) or October 1, 2014 (for eligible professionals); AND
- The provider has been unable to fully implement 2014 Edition CEHRT by the dates above due to delays in 2014 Edition CEHRT availability.
These are the only circumstances that will be considered for this reopened hardship exception application submission period.
Providers who would like to submit an application should review the following guidance:
- The application is available on the Payment Adjustments and Hardship Exceptions webpage.
- The completed application must be attached to an email and sent email@example.com.
- For eligible professionals without Internet connectivity, submit this application and all supporting documentation via fax to 814-464-0147.
- Submit the application no later than 11:59 PM EST November 30, 2014.
Visit the Payment Adjustments and Hardship Exceptions webpage for more information about Medicare EHR Incentive Program payment adjustments.
Other posts you may be interested in: