Providers participating in the 2014 PQRS program may be eligible to report their quality data one time only to earn credit for multiple Medicare quality reporting programs.
Individual eligible professionals and group practices will be able to report once on a single set of clinical quality measures (CQMs) and satisfy some of the various requirements of several of the following programs, depending on eligibility:
- Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS)
- Value-Based Payment Modifier (VM)
- Medicare EHR Incentive Program
- Medicare Shared Savings Program Accountable Care Organization (ACO)
- Pioneer ACO
- Comprehensive Primary Care Initiative (CPCI)
CMS aligned some of the reporting requirements for these programs starting in 2014 to reduce the burden of data collection. Those eligible professionals who choose to report once will reap several benefits:
- Earn the 2014 PQRS incentive and avoid the 2016 PQRS payment adjustment.
- Satisfy the CQM requirements of the Medicare EHR Incentive Program.
- Satisfy requirements for the 2016 VM, ACO, and/or CPCI, if eligible.
Note: aligned reporting options are only available to eligible professionals beyond their first year of participation in the Medicare EHR Incentive Program.
How to Report Once
Individual eligible professionals and group practices must submit a full year (January 1- December 31, 2014) of data to receive credit for the various programs.
The following resources will help explain how providers can report their quality data one time for 2014 participation in applicable quality programs:
- Reporting Once Interactive Tool – provides reporting guidance based on how the eligible professional plans to participate in PQRS in 2014.
- eHealth University Reporting Once Module – explains how to report quality measures one time during the 2014 program year and satisfy quality reporting requirements PQRS, the Medicare EHR Incentive Program, the VM, and ACOs.
- 2014 CQM Electronic Reporting Guide – provides an overview of 2014 CQMs and options for reporting them to CMS.
2014 QRDA III SEVT Testing Available
The Submission Engine Validation Tool (SEVT) for 2014 QRDA III submission is available on the QualityNet Portal. CMS recommends QRDA submitters and certified EHR technology vendors use this tool for 2014 submission testing. For more information about CQMs visit the CQM Basics page of the EHR Incentive Programs website.