Worried about participating in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System? CMS is conducting a Clinical Practice Improvement Activities (CPIA) Study that can help you meet the CPIA requirement. Individual clinicians and groups who are eligible for MIPS that participate successfully in the study will receive full credit for the Improvement Activities performance category. Applications for the study will be accepted from January 1 – 31, 2017.
Why is CMS leading this study? Well CMS is leading the study for multiple reasons. The study will help the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid:
- Examine clinical workflows and data collection methods using different submission systems;
- Understand the challenges clinicians face when collecting and reporting quality data; and
- Make future recommendations for changes that will attempt to eliminate clinician burden, improve quality data collection and reporting, and enhance clinical care
Who Should Apply for this Study?
The following clinicians are encouraged to apply:
- MIPS-eligible clinicians and groups
- Clinicians or groups that collect and submit quality measurement data to CMS
What Are the Requirements for the Study?
Study participants will have to meet the following requirements between January and December 2017:
- Complete at least three survey questionnaires throughout the course of the study;
- Participate in at least three focus groups; and
- Submit at least three clinician quality performance measures to CMS
Additional Benefits of Participating in the CMS Study
In addition to receiving full credit for the Improvement Activities performance category of MIPS, participants will receive direct feedback from other study participants and CMS about how to minimize challenges with data collection and submission during the study period
How to Sign Up for 2017 CMS Study and Earn MIPS Credit
Be sure to sign up by January 31, 2017 to participate in the study. For more information and to apply to participate in the study, please visit the CMS website.
Completed applications should be submitted to CMSCPIAStudy@ketchum.com by January 31.